The Classroom Assistant ensures that school-aged youth have a safe and well-organized experience in the classes and on the campus. The Classroom Assistant provide a wide range of support activities, including assisting Instructors with class setup and learning activities, supervising youth on campus during transition times, and assisting with youth check-in/check-out procedures.
- Classroom Assistant. Assist Instructors with classroom setup/cleanup, including preparation of art supplies. Assist Instructors with classroom supervision, providing focused attention to students as needed.
- Campus Supervision. Ensure youth are in their assigned places and following EPACENTER safety and behavioral guidelines. Provide adult supervision during student free time and group activity times. Promptly address any safety or behavioral issues.
- Registration. Assist with check-in and check-out procedures to ensure a safe and controlled environment.
- Student and Parent Interactions. Provide information and guidance for individual students and/or parents as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
At all times EPACENTER staff are to demonstrate EPACENTER values and professionalism, and to act in accordance with EPACENTER policies and procedures.
- At least 1 year related experience working with school aged youth, particularly ages 6-13.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to guide and direct youth and build positive relationships with a wide range of people.
- Excellent reliability.
- High School diploma or GED. Bachelors degree in the arts, music, or education field is preferred.
- Must be 18-25 years old.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
This position is a part-time temporary position for our 4 week, 5 days a week, summer program taking place from June 20th to July 18th 2023.
Must be available Monday to Friday 12:30pm-5:30pm.